Friday, May 1, 2009

Funerals

Have you ever noticed that the word "FUN" starts out the word "FUNERAL" and seems to me to be kind of ironic. We went to a funeral recently for my great uncle Clark and it actually was (dare I say) kind of fun. Of course, he was 96 years old and very happy to be reunited with his wife (my super-awesome great aunt Veda), so for me, the funeral was a celebration of his life. Now, today I am going to the funeral for my seminary teacher, Larry Wilde. He was only 52 years old and though he suffered terribly (cancer), I don't know how it will seem like a celebration of his life. Larry is happy to be reunited with his family and friends on the other side of the veil, it's just us here that will cry and wish that we could be with him. I know that Larry is where he should be...and I'm thankful for his example. To know Larry was to love him.

1 comment:

Eric and Tracey said...

you are so funny. I love to read your posts. We need to get together with you guys again soon. Eric has a CRAZY next four weeks with a summer class he has to take. but after that....